Monday, October 13, 2008
i've regained my interest in most of the the things mentioned. excellent!!
i think i'm still lacking interest in photography and blogging though, which is only natural i guess...moods come and go.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
My favorite part of the whole project is that i will get to learn more about the Lebanese culture and people. I'm going to be reading their poetry, listening to their music, watching their plays, and enjoying their paintings. For the next couple of months i'm expected to know everything i can about the Lebanese people so that i can design a cultural center that can actually benefit them.
The chances of us winning the competition are ofcourse really low, but we're giving it our best shot. It's the experience that counts.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
first i saw The Dark Knight. Fabulous. Heath Ledger was outstanding to say the least.
then i saw Boshkash.
and finally i went to see Wanted. Best action movie I have ever seen. Period.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
i was driving my car on the Daa2ery highway when suddenly i found that a big accident had just happened seconds before i arrived. The people weren't even gathered yet. my first thought was that i would stop to help if i saw someone hurt, but if it's just the car that's been damaged i wouldn't bother..so that i don't block up the road.
i looked beside me inside one of the cars that's been in the accident and i saw an old man, sitting next to the driver, having a heart attack. The man had his arms held in front of him with his palms dangling downwards, his eyes were squinching, his eyebrows expressing fear. The car was filled with panic. i immediately decide to pull over and see how i can help. while pulling over to the right side of the road i bumped into the rear bumper of another car. i was only moving at 10 km/h hour or so. no time for apologies, there's a man on the verge of death and there's little we can do.
i stop the car and go running to the old man's car and i find his 30 year old son (in the driver's seat) shaking him and screaming " Matmotsh ya Baba!! Ya Baba Rod 3alayya!! ". there were 2 women screaming and crying in the back seat.
I was helpless. I was thinking of any way i could help. Do i pick him up and take him to the hospital? Is he too fragile? Where IS the nearest hospital anyways? Will he die on the way there? Do i move away and give him space to breath instead?
By now many people have been gathered around the man's car which made me urge everyone to step back since the guy could use the air. i opened the car's door and let the old man's feet out of the car. The son was still shaking his father and screaming at him.
The old man began nodding lightly indicating that he's feeling better. He wants to comfort his son. I was releived to see that he was aware of what was happening around him. The gathered people decide to stay away and give him more air to breath which made a big difference. A couple of minutes later the man felt somewhat better and the car took off, probably heading to a hospital.
The other car that was involved in the accident was completely destroyed. The woman sitting in the front seat had a face full of blood from the collision with the glass. Thank God it was only some minor cuts that caused this... a couple of tissues and some water made the lady look and feel much better. Thankfully, no one else was hurt.
We carried the damaged car to the side of the road then i got into my car. I find a guy my age waiting next to my car accussing me of breaking his car's rear bumper. i was surprised that in the midst of all this nervous tension he could still think about the slight damage in his car that i have caused. i apologized to him but i justified my self by telling him that i wasn't even looking on my right side when pulling over, i was concentrating on the man dying in his car. it's not the smartest thing to do but we were barely moving and i couldn't look away from the man. the guy accpeted my apology but apparently his mother (sitting in the back seat of his car) didn't. she was shouting at me for bumping into them. i apologized again offering to fix his car if he wishes. he denied, got into his car and went home.
Friday, July 18, 2008
4- The overpriced items in the room's refrigerator and the room service menu.
3- The music in the reception and the restaurants.
2- The early breakfasts. i'm in a VACATION for God's sake. breakfasts should be extended till noon.
and the thing i hate most about all five star hotels:
1- the way they stuff the blanket so tightly beneath the mattress. every night i have to spend 10 minutes of kicking with my leg to free myself from the damn blanket. i hate how they expect us to sleep like King Tut without turning over.
Friday, June 27, 2008
a more valuable word of advice: do not watch The Happening.
the most valuable piece of advice ever: do not watch any movie you haven't watched a trailer to and/or have read that it has good reviews.
Monday, June 09, 2008
i used to be passionate about soccer.
i used to be passionate about chess.
i used to be passionate about architecture.
i used to be passionate about photography.
i used to be passionate about reading and learning.
i used to be passionate about my job.
i used to be passionate about blogging.
i've become dead inside.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
1. How old will you be in five years?
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? no one yet..woke up and came straight to work.
3. How tall are you? not sure...182cm maybe.
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks? the 12 day vacation we're gonna get because of Easter holidays. i love the Coptic Christians.
5. What’s the last movie you saw? No country for old men. pretty good.
6. Who was the last person you called? mahmoud
7. Who was the last person to call you? my sister
8. What was the last text message you received? a message from mobinil
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?don't use voicemail
10. Do you prefer to call or text? call
11. What were you doing at _AM last night? driving my car.
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced? married
13. When is the last time you saw your mom? yesterday
14. What color are your eyes? brown/hazel
15. What time did you wake up today? 8:00 am
16. What are you wearing right now? jeans and a polo shirt.
17. What is your favourite Christmas song? don't really celebrate christmas but there's this song that has a solo by the guitarist from The Darkness...
18. Where is your favourite place to be?
19. Where is your least favourite place to be?
alexandria in the summer
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere? for a vacation? probably spain or italy.
21. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
happily married with kids hopefully.
22. Do you tan or burn? tan.
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? the monster under the bed.
25. How many TVs do you have in your house?
26. How big is your bed? it's a standard single bed.
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer? desktop. my laptop stopped working a couple of months ago and i can't afford to buy a new one yet.
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
29. What color are your sheets? there are many. different colours.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with? one
31. What is your favourite season? spring, but since it only lasts for 2 days in egypt i'll have to be realistic and say winter.
32. What do you like about Fall? the not-so-cold-not-so-hot weather
33. What do you like about Winter?
rain, the cold breeze, the thick blanket.
34. What do you like about the Summer? the company i usually have when on a trip.
35. What do you like about Spring? it's obvious, the weather
36. How many states/provinces have you lived in? 2: cairo and dhahran in saudi
37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
same as previous answer.
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet? el shebsheb.
39. Are you a social person?
not really. but i've been trying to work on that lately
40. What was the last thing you ate? mcdonalds
41. What is your favourite restaurant?
hmm..tough one...i think chopsticks in mohandeseen makes amazing chinese food...
42. What is your favourite ice cream? vanilla i guess
43. What is your favourite dessert?
44. What is your favourite kind of soup?
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich? strawberry
46. Do you like Chinese food? love it
47. Do you like coffee? nope
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average? one or 2
49. What do you drink in the morning? tea
50. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed? no
51. Do you know how to play poker?
52. Do you like to cuddle?
53. Have you ever been to Canada?
54. Do you have an addictive personality?
55. Do you eat out or at home more often? lately i've been eating out much more than i've been eating at home...but i'm not happy about that.
56. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you? no
57. Do you want kids? sure
58. Do you speak any other languages? english and arabic
59. Have you ever gotten stitches? nope
60. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? nope
61. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool? depends on my mood.
62. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat? window
63. Do you know how to drive stick? yep.
64. What is your favourite thing to spend money on? can't really think of anything
65. Do you wear any jewellery? No
66. What is your favourite TV show? lost/scrubs
67. Can you roll your tongue?
68. Who is the funniest person you know? my dad
69. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? No
70. What is the main ring tone on your phone? "fee fi fo" by the cranberries
71. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
72. What red object is closest to you right now? a red pen
73. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth? no
74. Do you sleep with your closet door open or closed? closed but it makes no difference
75. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? big bear
76. Do you flirt a lot? nope
77. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? bbq sauce
78. What is your favourite food?
koshari/stuffed pigeons/ sea food/ spaghetti with white sauce..
79. Can you change the oil on a car? i know the steps but i've never actually done it before
80. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? yes many times
81. Have you ever run out of gas? no
82. What is your usual bedtime? weekdays at around 12:00, weekends at around 3:00
83. What was the last book you read? roald dahl's Completely Unexpected Tales...great read.
84. Do you read the newspaper? yes but i just read the headlines
85. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? nope
86. Do you watch soap operas? nope
87. Do you dance in the car?
88. Who is in the picture frame closest to you? no picture frames in my office.
89. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper? a work related note
90. What is your favourite candle scent?
i've only tried lavender..not bad
91. What is your favourite board game? chess
92. When was the last time you attended church? i went to the mosque yesterday
93. Who was your favourite teacher in high school? i guess my math teacher Amin Selim.
94. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent?
3 days, not really a tent... more like a hut.
95. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you? my cousin bringing me back a gift from his trip to the states.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
ok so here goes:
The Rules :
- Post 10 random things about yourself
- Choose 5 people to tag and a reason you chose each person
- Leave them each a comment directing them to your blog so they know they are it
- You can’t tag the person who tagged you (you’ll have to make new friends)
- As a courtesy to the person who tagged you, please let them know when you have posted so they can have the sheer delight and extra work load of reading your answers)
2- my face goes tomato-red whenever i get myself in an embarrassing situation or get angry...which automatically triggers mocking comments causing my face to get even more red...which in-turn gets me more angry or embarrassed..
3- i was once bit by a dog...it was around 10 years ago, and the dog was one of those little white hairy ones...i was going to pet it and it got scared so it bit my hand....i had to take 6 concentrated injections to avoid catching rabies
4- i've got more than 15 keys in my key-chain but i only know what 4 of them are for...i'm too afraid to throw the rest out because i always think i'm gonna regret it when i remember what the keys were for...it's been like this for more than 5 years now.
5- i watched "the departed" 3 times this past week and i can't get enough of it.
6- i told 3 of my real-life friends about this blog this past week..so now, unfortunately, i'm going to have to kill them.
7- my favourite song for the cranberries is Cordell..i've spent hours trying to know what the word means but to no avail. my only guess is that it's a nickname she used for a loved one who passed away.
8- i missed 3 days of work in the past few weeks just because i didn't feel like going. i woke up on time and everything, but the weather was too good to waste on spending the day at work. I told my boss i had some urgent things to do.
9- when i was a kid my dad once bought me a new alarm clock that had this reeeeeaaally loud ring...he convinced me that the only way to turn it off was to talk to it and say "good morning" in a cheerful voice. since i didn't find any Off button, and since the batteries were only accessible through a screw driver, i had no choice but to believe him....i only found out how to really turn it off six days later (the off button was camouflaged ingeniously in the body of the alarm clock).
10- i prefer nancy 3agram over haifaa wahby.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
i can't believe she could do such a thing. it hurts me to say it, but the *itch has done the most awful thing i could imagine.
she ran away from home, OUR HOME, committed fornication, and returned back guilt-free.
and might i add, that her partner in such a crime was nothing but a WORTHLESS STREET RAT!!
you haven't heard nothing yet...we just learned that the b**** is PREGNANT!!
i'm thinking of killing her AND her baby. they both mean nothing to me now.
my whole family is furious with her, my mom can't even look her in the eye.
so now we have to wait for an unwanted baby to be born. what the hell are we supposed to do with it?? we most definitely can't raise a street rat among us.
i knew i should've bought a male rottweiler instead.