Friday, November 11, 2011

Hajj

I just came back from Hajj yesterday.

It was an amazing experience to say the least.

Now that it's over, i realized that the most difficult parts about Hajj are the ones you can't prepare for.


  • sitting 11 hours in a bus that smells like vomit (because a little kid vomited twice, including once on the bus driver's head)
  • walking 7 km with a very painful swollen foot - i felt sorry for myself when an old man offered to carry my bag for me
  • using public bathrooms for a whole week, knowing that someone is always standing at your door waiting for you to finish...etc.


I also realized that Hajj isn't merely about getting you closer to God through spiritualities.  It also helps alot in counting your blessings.  Starting with your clothing, your shoes, your home, your bed, your phone, internet, and everything else you might have taken for granted.

I feel lucky to experience this wake-up call so early in life.  We need to reset our priorities.

I can talk for hours but i'll spare you the headache.


No comments: